Risk Management Appeals
A special Washington Youth Soccer Risk Management Appeals Committee has been formed to administer the Risk Management Appeals process as per Washington Youth Soccer Risk Management Operating Documents.
When an individual has been excluded from participation within Washington Youth Soccer, they have the right to one appeal to the Washington Youth Soccer Risk Management Appeals Committee.
The appeal must be filed in writing to the Washington Youth Soccer office within ten (10) days of receipt of the rejection letter from Washington Youth Soccer. Upon receipt of said appeals request, a neutral, non-soccer committee will be convened to hold the appeals hearing with the Risk Management Appeals Director.
Once the committee has confirmed participation and the date set, a certified letter will be sent to the Appellant, notifying said person of the hearing date and location. Normally, notification will sent at least one (1) week prior to the scheduled date.
The Appellant is required to attend the Risk Management Hearing and provide testimony and be available to respond to questions from the Committee. The individual may provide additional documents in support of their position.
Hearing Procedures – The hearing will be taped for a confidential transcript of hearing. The Appellant is given one (1) minute to provide opening statements to committee, committee then proceeds to get clarification on matters of record, both written and oral. Upon completion of testimony, the Appellant is then given one (1) minute for closing comments to Committee. Appellant will then be dismissed and leave the office. Committee will deliberate and make a decision based upon the evidence provided. A certified Letter will be sent out within 48 hours of completion of hearing, notifying the Appellant of the decision of the Committee.
The Committee’s decision is final.
Summary of Risk Management Hearing Procedures
- Receipt of Washington Youth Soccer Risk Management Director’s Certified Letter of Exclusion of Participation
- Within ten (10) days, the individual files a written request for an Appeal Hearing to the Washington Youth Soccer State Office.
- Upon receipt of said request, certified letter sent to Appellant notifying of the scheduled Appeal Hearing.
- Attendance by the Appellant at the hearing is required.
- All Risk Management Appeals Hearings will be held at the Washington Youth Soccer State Office, unless the circumstances deems otherwise.
- The Appeals Committee will forward a certified letter on the results of that hearing to the Appellant, The State President, the Risk Management Director, the District Commissioner and the Association President for where the Appellant was participating.