2015-2016 EPD Selection Process
Players have the opportunity to be selected from the open tryout into the final selected pool of players per age group. The open tryout ensures that the staff’s identification process is as far reaching as possible. Players attending the open tryouts are encouraged to attend 2 sessions at maximum from the sessions offered. Players from open tryouts will be selected to attend call back tryouts.
2014-2015 Phoenix Travel Roster Players
Any players from the previous year who were selected to travel to Phoenix from the Region IV ODP Championships must register for tryouts and pay the registration fee. Players are not required to attend the open tryouts, but must attend the call back tryouts to be considered for the final pool. Registered players will be notified of the call back tryout dates and location. **This in NO way ensures the player will make the final player pool for this year's cycle.
Registration Links - Now Open (tryout times posted)
**Registration for 2004 and 2005 birth years will open in October; tryouts will take place in November.
Eastern WA Tryouts
|Boys 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
||Girls 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
How to determine if your player should tryout for Eastern WA or WA EPD: WA Youth Soccer will use the District 6 boundary line as a determined border between WA & EWA EPD. A player can tryout for either WA or EWA EPD if they live within 50 miles on either side of the boundary line. Players who were in the final pool of WA EPD during the 2014-2015 program cycle can be grandfathered in WA EPD. A player can tryout within the boundary of where his/her club soccer team home field is located and/or home address.
Final Pool Selection
- Birth Years 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003: Approximately 28 field players and 4 goalkeepers will be selected (less for Eastern WA).
- Birth Years 2004, 2005: 32 field players and 4 goalkeepers will be selected (less for Eastern WA).
Region IV ODP Championships | January in Phoenix, Arizona Travel Roster
- Birth Years 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003: The coaching staff will select a final travel roster in November; 16 field players and 2 goalkeepers to travel to the Region IV ODP Championships. Travel rosters will be announced by individual coaching staffs.
Portland Timbers Friendship Cup | May in Portland, Oregon Travel Roster
- Birth Years 2001, 2002, 2003: The coaching staff will select a final travel roster in May; 16 field players and 2 goalkeepers to travel to the Nike Friendship Cup. Travel rosters will be announced by individual coaching staffs. All final pool players are eligible to be selected for the Portland Timbers Friendship Cup.
- Birth Years 2004, 2005: All pool players will travel and form two even teams per age group and gender to travel to the Portland Timbers Friendship Cup.