Maple Valley Soccer Association
Maple Valley, WA
Maple Valley Soccer Association’s goal is to provide soccer opportunities for all ages, and provide avenues for players to progress to the highest level of soccer in the State of Washington. MpVSA serves both Recreational and Premier Soccer players in King County.
Director of Coaching Job Description
The Director of Coaching will direct and supervise the MpVSA Premier Coaching Staff and be responsible for meeting the club’s overall objectives relative to coach, player and team development. The Director of Coaching will directly report to the VP of Coach and Player Development, VP of Premier and President.
License: National “B” License and above.
Coaching Experience: Previous Director of Coaching experience is preferred but not mandatory. Ten years of previous youth coaching experience or at least five years in the professional or college head coaching community.
Playing Experience: College or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to relate to and motivate players, coaches and parents
- Proven computer skills, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, registration and website management programs
- Posses integrity, honesty, trustworthy and ethical sound standards
- Committed to working a non-traditional work schedule and travel as needed
- Ability to show evidence of creating and implementing a vision for the future direction of the club
- Proven implementation of mentoring/development program
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate results
- Player development skills
- The Director of Coaching must work within guidelines of MpVSA By – Laws and work in concert with and report to VP of Coach and Player Development, VP of Premier and the President.
- Create, implement and manage resources for the training curriculum for the Premier program.
- Identify and recruit new coaches into the Premier program. Observe and evaluate practice sessions as appropriate. Offer guidance where necessary.
- Oversee and supervise all of MpVSA player development initiatives by working with coaches, program directors and Technical Director.
- Work closely with Technical Director: supervise SAT curriculum and session lesson plans to enhance player development for all levels.
- Act as the MpVSA liaison on issues that may affect the Club. Represent the Club at any functions, meetings events as directed by the Executive Board.
- Create and implement coach and staff development for Premier Coaches.
- Facilitate coach education programming and work with all coaches to determine appropriate plan for continuing education.
- Coordinate Recreational Coaching development with Technical Director, including organizing and implementing coaching clinics for all Recreational and Micro Mod coaches.
- Organize and supervise Premier tryouts. Provide a comprehensive tryout implementation plan to the Coaching Committee a minimum of 60 days prior to the start of tryouts.
- Provide comprehensive monthly reports to the Executive Board. Attend all normally scheduled monthly board meetings.
- Attend Premier training sessions a minimum of four days a week and games once a week.
- Attend parent meetings before and after tryout/team selection. Assist coaches with resolving any/all parent and/or player disputes on any/all Premier teams.
- Assess Premier teams and advocate for them to be properly placed at the appropriate league level.
- Review/recommend and approve tournament selections to ensure proper team/player development.
- Conduct and implement coaches meetings. Minimum of four meetings a year.
- Identify talented players and encourage them to try out for PSPL Academy teams.
- Help identify most talented Micro Mod and Rec players for possible Premier play.
- Manage day to day operations of the Premier program.
- Oversee player evaluations and reporting.
- Operate within budgeted funds allocated by the Executive Board.
- Provide other services as necessary and as directed by the Executive Board.
- Coach up to one Premier team as needed and with Executive Board approval.
No Conflict of Interest:
Director of Coaching shall not engage in any soccer related positions or activities outside of MpVSA unless prior approval by the Executive Board is obtained.
- Annual compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Reimbursement of job related expenses.
Please send letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to MpVSA VP of Coach and Player Development Tom Tate, at MpVSA-VPPlayerCoachDev@maplevalleysoccer.com First interviews will be conducted February 1st – February 28th. Finalists will be notified by March 4th with final interviews completed by March 24th. Final selection will be made no later than April 1st. All applicants information will be kept with the utmost confidentiality and respect to our fellow Washington Youth Soccer programs.
Thank you for your interest in Maple Valley Soccer Association!
Chris Ybarra President
Maple Valley Soccer Association