The 2015 WA Youth Soccer Day of Education will be held on November 14, 2015, at the Embassy Suites Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (15920 W Valley Hwy, Seattle, WA 98188).
If you have any questions about the 2015 WA Youth Soccer Day of Education, please contact Kristen Phillips at 253.944.1607 or Kristen@WashingtonYouthSoccer.org.
Tentative Agenda & Topics
8:30 AM - 9:00 AM -- Coffee/Pastries & Registration
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM -- WA Youth Soccer Day of Education -- Various Sessions (lunch included)
- Introduction by Washington Youth Soccer President, Daren Mancini
- Biggest Challenges Facing Your Organization
- Engaging Your Community – Panel Discussion and Q&A
School Board: Dan Popp, Snoqualmie Valley School District School Board
Staff/Volunteer: Rachel Wilton, Community and Outreach Programs Coordinator, WA Youth Soccer
Athletics: Brian Smith, Assistant Executive Director, WIAA
Principal: Jana Joe, Gildo Rey Elementary School, Soccer for Success Participating School
- Coaching Education Updates in 2015-2016 – Kim Calkins, Technical Director, WA Youth Soccer
- Insurance and Risk – Pat Pullen and Dan Pullen, Pullen Insurance
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness and Heart Restart Program – Allison Emery, MPH, Evaluation & Heart Restart Program Manager and Leiana Smith, Volunteer, The Hope Heart Institute
- US Soccer Player Development Initiatives: Small Sided Games and Birth Year Calendar – Kim Calkins, Technical Director, WA Youth Soccer
- Nonprofits, Fundraising, and Financial Controls – Andrea Mackin, Relationship Banking Officer – Nonprofit Services Group, Pacific Continental Bank; Jennifer Crofoot, CPA, Manager, Peterson Sullivan LLC
- Risk Management - Kendra R. Comeau, Attorney, Wilson Smith Cochran Dickerson
- Closing Remarks and 50th Anniversary Preview
- Open House at WA Youth Soccer Office (Optional Networking Event)
Please fill out the 2015 WA Youth Soccer Day of Education RSVP form no later than Monday, November 9, 2015.
Lodging - Group Room Rate
If you are in need of lodging for Friday, November 13, you can reserve a room for $129 with the group code WYA.
Individuals can make their reservations by any of the following: Call 1-800-Embassy (1-800-362-2779) and reference group code WYA or visit http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/washington/embassy-suites-seattle-tacoma-international-airport-SEATUES/index.html, select dates, input group code WYA by clicking “Add special rate code,” and then press “Check Rooms & Rates.”
Please make your room reservation by Wednesday, October 21, to secure the special group rate.