The 2016 Annual General Meeting will be held on May 14, 2016 at the Embassy Suites Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. (15920 W Valley Hwy, Seattle, WA 98188).
If you have any questions about the Annual General Meeting, please contact Kristen Phillips at 253.944.1607 or Kristen@WashingtonYouthSoccer.org.
2016 Annual General Meeting Documents
Notice of Meeting
Draft 2016 APFM Minutes
Memorandum - Proposed WA Youth Soccer Bylaws Amendments 4.13.2016
WA Youth Soccer Bylaws - Proposed Amendments 4.13.2016 Redline Version
WA Youth Soccer Bylaws - Proposed Amendments 4.13.2016 Clean Version
The Washington Youth Soccer Board of Directors is proposing amendments to the bylaws of WA Youth Soccer. The proposed amendments were published to the membership via email on Wednesday, April 13, 2016, for a minimum thirty-day comment period by the Council (Member Associations, District Commissioners, and the WA Youth Soccer Board of Directors) to conclude on May 13, 2016, with a vote by the Board of Directors on the final proposed amendments to occur at the May 13, 2016, board meeting. For those proposed amendments to Articles 5 and 6, Council approval is required to complete the amendment process; the Council will vote on these amendments at the Annual General Meeting on May 14, 2016.
Please fill out the 2016 Annual General Meeting RSVP form no later than Friday, May 6, 2016.
Association Annual Report Upload
The Annual Report upload form for Associations can be found here. The form is 4 easy questions about your Association and has the option of including your logo. This is a great opportunity to highlight your Association and the programs that are offered. This information needs to be uploaded by by Friday May 6, 2016.
If you are in need of lodging for Friday, May 13, you can reserve a room for $145 with the group code WAA.
Individuals can make their reservation by any of the following: Call 1-800-Embassy (1-800-362-2779) and reference group code WAA or visit http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/washington/embassy-suites-seattle-tacoma-international-airport-SEATUES/index.html, select date, input group code WAA by clicking "Add special rate code," and then press "Check Rooms & Rates."
Please make your room reservation by Tuesday, May 3, 2016, to secure this group rate.
Important Dates for Board Nominations
- 60 Days prior to AGM, Nominating Committee shall notify nominees – March 15 (Tuesday)
- 45 Days Nominees must submit a nomination packet- resume, statement of function and written acceptance to office – March 21 (Monday) *date listed is earlier than 45 days in order to give committee and staff time to process for posting*
- 45 Days Nomination Committee shall publish the list and nomination packets of candidates for election at least 45 days before AGM – March 30 (Wednesday)
- No later than 30 days prior to AGM Member Associations and District Commissioners may propose alternate names of candidates for open positions on the Board – before April 14 (Thursday) – Open March 30 to April 14
- No later than 20 days prior to AGM Nominating Committee shall publish the name of additional candidates by the Member Associations – April 24 (Sunday)
Board Member Nomination Information
The WA Youth Soccer Board of Directors Nominating Committee is beginning the nomination process for the 2016 Board of Directors election to be held at the AGM on May 14. Please see the Board Member Nominating Criteria below for more information on the duties and commitment required of board members. If you have any questions, or a suggested nominee, please contact Terry Fisher at Terry@WashingtonYouthSoccer.org.
Board Member Nominating Criteria
WA Youth Soccer Governance Code of Ethics
Board Member Nomination Form
Board Nomination Packets: